Increase your earnings.
If you've got money in savings and you know you won't need it for a few months or longer, you can put that money into one of our Share Certificates to earn a higher yield. The longer you commit that money, the higher the earnings.
Here's what you need to know:
- Share Certificates are available with a minimum deposit of $1,000
- You can opt for terms of 6, 10, 12, 24, 36 or 48 months.
- Dividends are paid quarterly
- Certificates will be automatically renewed unless otherwise requested by you
- You will receive a quarterly statement showing you how your money has grown
- Share Certificates may be used as collateral for a Secured Loan without penalty or loss of earnings
The Laddering Effect.
When investing in Share Certificates you may want to consider something called "laddering." This allows you to have your certificates maturing each year while still earning a great return.
Here’s an example of how Share Certificates can work really hard for you.
If you have $4,000, invest $1,000 in a 12-month certificate, $1,000 in a 24-month certificate, $1,000 in a 36-month certificate and $1,000 in a 48-month certificate. Next year, when your 12-month certificate matures, roll it over into a 48-month certificate. Do the same each following year as the other certificates mature. By doing so, at the end of the fourth year, you'll have certificates maturing every year, but you'll be earning the 48-month yield on all of them.
It sounds a little complicated but it's really quite simple. If you'd like to learn more or open a Share Certificate account today, stop by the branch and we'll get you started. Or, you can enroll easily online.